Thursday, April 19, 2007

You May Have Noticed...

You may have noticed that I changed the title of my blog and if you didn't I will tell you why.

As I sit here and write I feel broken. I started reading a book called Beautiful In God's Eyes by Elizabeth George. This book is all about the Proverbs 31 woman. The perfect woman. I feel broken because as I started reading I realized I am not that woman. I don't even come close. Then questions arise like "Is my husband happy?" "Are my children happy?" "Are they being short changed because of my lack of...character?"

I so desire to become this woman. I want to be the jewel in my husband's crown. I want my children to arise and call me blessed, but how? How would I begin to transform into this virtous woman? I know that first of all I can do nothing, God has to change me, but how I do I begin to let Him?

I was thinking this morning about those women. You know the women I'm talking about. The ones whose homes are immaculate and even though they have 4 kids their kids are immaculate and well behaved. They scrapbook and make perfect roasts.

I realize right now that I sound jealous. It's because I am! I want to be her! By her I mean the Proverbs 31 woman. I do feel broken, I am broken. Maybe that is the first step to becoming her. God has to break me and strip away those things which hinder me from doing so.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yeah!!! How exciting that your hearts desire is to be the Proverbs 31 woman. Be proud of that. There are women out there who don't even have the desire. I can't wait to hear how the Lord changes you and grows you into the woman He's created you to be.

Don't be discouraged by how you once were. It's so easy to beat yourself up over the past. But, it's dead and gone and you are a new creation!

I love you!