Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's Been A Long Time...

Hello! Sorry for the hiatus. I don't even have a valid excuse, so I'm not going to try. I have some news.

My husband, Derek, has myelofibrosis. Which to put it simply is a blood disease that has turned his bone marrow fibrous. He is in need of a bone marrow transplant.

Now for the good news! His brother is a perfect match! Praise God!

We will be leaving for Seattle on May 4th for 4 months to start the treatment and transplant process. He will need to get chemo for 6 days and then they will give him the transplant.

My wonderful sister Sarah has graciously agreed to let my mom and my kids move into her house for 4 months while we are gone. My wonderful Mother has agreed to watch my 3 kids while we are gone for 4 months. God has blessed me with such wonderful family. I have also found a temporary home for my dogs. God has provided for details that seem small, but are in fact big for me.

I can't describe the ache in my heart when I think about leaving my precious kids. If you could pray for me, I'd appreciate it.

I will keep you updated on the progress of everything!

I get my laptop on Monday! I'm very excited. I'm kind of an electronics junkie. I've really missed this blog! Well that's all for now my 3 readers.

God bless!

1 comment:

Nina in Portugal said...

Long time, no see!!

Glad to see you back!

Sorry to hear about your hubby, but praising the Lord for His provisions thus far.

We will be praying!