Friday, February 29, 2008

Another Not So Secret Struggle

I struggle in my prayer life. I want to pray for everybody...really I do. I want to pray for the missionaries, underground churches, the President, the troops etc...but I forget. Embarrassingly I mainly pray for myself, Derek, my kids, and my immediate family.

How do you manage your prayer life? Do you have a system or sorts? I would love to hear about it.

Again any tips and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God bless!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite quote is:
"When you feel like praying, pray. When you don't feel like praying, pray." -Spurgeon

I take this into my thought life too. When I think of someone or something or some need, I pray about it right when it enters my mind because I believe that is the Holy Spirit's leading!

Anonymous said...

What I learned from Skip Heitzig helps a lot in my prayer life. The evil one will try to overwhelm and we end up not praying at all. Pastor Heitzig suggests this outline, and you can change it to fit your needs.

Mon. Family
Tues.Extended family
Wed. Israel, church missions, etc.
Thurs. Government
Fri. Prayer requests
Sat. Pastor, S.S. teachers, worship teams.
Sun. Sit quietly, listen, worship

love you, Mom