Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm Going To Do It

I'm starting my book. It's not my original book idea, but I believe this one is from the Lord. It's Christian fiction and that's all I'm going to say right now.

Does anybody have any tips? I'm scared of getting stuck, I'm scared of writer's block and most of all I'm scared of failing.

I'm passionate about this book and I want it to be good. Right now it isn't really about getting published, it's about getting the book out of my head and onto paper. It's about making these characters come alive. I hope that someday this book can touch even just one person.

Thanks for listening. Have a good day!

2 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Go for it!! I'd love to read the rough draft, when you get to that point. I'll be praying for you.

Heather said...

Hi Erica,
I found your blog on Nina's site. I love the little saying about how a woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man must find HIM in order to find her (or something of the sort). I have that copied into my journal.
Anyway, I just wanted to leave a comment to let you know that my younger sister published her first book at the age of 17 and now a year later she is writing children books on Baptist preachers and working on the details to publish it.
Her blog is:
fruit-of-her-hands.blogspot.com

I also have two blogs.
Step By Step:
faith-love-patience.blogspot.com

and a missions blog:
pray-without-ceasing.blogspot.com

I love reading good Christian novels and I wish you the best on your writing!!!
~Heather