Monday, July 7, 2008

My Heart Is Full

My heart feels full right now. You know that full of emotion feeling? I feel like I'm going to cry as I write this.

My sister Sarah and I are finally close and it's wonderful. I can honestly say she is now one of my best friends.

I was catching up on her blog today and for some reason I got emotional. It seemed like she was struggling a bit and I felt like I needed to blog about how great she is even though she doesn't know it. Because honestly I think feeling insecure comes with the mom/housewife territory.

She has such a big heart and loves to help. When she came here to visit I think she did my dishes 500 times. I love her and thank God that He gave us a 50th chance to be more than just two girls who happened to have the same Mom.

I'm telling you Sarah-You are a great mother, wife, friend, and sister. You are doing a great job and I'm praying for you.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

There just aren't words, Erica, to tell you how much your post means to me.

I've not been feeling well, physically, emotionally...and last night, after reading your words, the knot in my stomach went away and I slept peacefully.

Thank you so much for your sweet words.

I love you.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful thing to see between you two!!! I am so close with both my sisters (now in our adult life.) I pray the same thing for my three girls.

The insecure struggling mom thing is so common and I just love that God loves us right where we are and right through it all!

R <><

Nina in Portugal said...

What sweet, inspiring words. And to read her comment....you guys make me jealous I'm not closer with my sister....