Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day Off? What Day Off?

Today is supposed to be my day off. I had a whole plan in place. I was going to thoroughly enjoy my children, bake, and overall relax.

What happened instead is that I got called by two customers and my boss. My boss called twice and I called her back once to clear up an issue. She was not happy and told me as much on the phone. I'm apparently not doing my job well enough.

This saddens my heart. I try very hard at my job and take pride in my work. I try the hardest I can to take care of my customers and get them what they need. The problem is that I've been there a year and have had various co-workers come and go. People whom take no pride in their work. People who lie, cheat, and steal. While I'm left to deal with angry customers who have no trust in our branch. I try the best I can to assuage their misgivings. Sometimes it goes over well sometimes not so much. We should have 3 consultants, there was usually just me. The last girl had no idea what she was doing and didn't care. She was a warm body. I was doing her work and mine. So have I made mistakes? Yes. Have I overlooked some things? Definitely. Should I be chided for it? I don't think so. Especially when I'm doing the best I can.

I love my boss. She's great. I get that she's under tons of pressure from her superiors to get numbers. Do I blame her? NO. I do, however, blame the people at the top who have no idea what it is to be the salesperson in a crumbling economy when the unemployment rate is at an all time high. I'm trying to sell a product that let's face it is a luxury and in hard times the first thing people get rid of are their luxury items. I'm doing the best I can. I can put it out there, but in the end it's their decision.

I can't wait until Derek gets a job and I can do what I'm meant to do, what I'm good at. Being a stay at home wife and mother. At least Derek won't call me up to chide me and if he did he'd be eating cereal for dinner.

There is my venting about my non-day off and my current work situation. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry, Erica.

You aren't a girl who does anything half-assed (did I just say that?!) so I know that you do your best...always.

Praying so so hard that Derek gets this job so you can be home.

Love you.

No Money said...

FREE Video Reveals How to Get Istant Traffic To Any Website FAST!